Are you interested in helping cancer patients with a warm smile, heartwarming story or a soft blanket? If so, you could be a volunteer at one of the OHC offices.
Volunteers are special people who can make a difference in the day of a patient or staff member. To volunteer at OHC:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- If you are a patient, you must be at least three months out of active treatment.
- It’s important that you be comfortable working with patients who are receiving treatment.
Duties and Responsibilities of an OHC Volunteer
- Greet patients upon arrival to the office or treatment suite and help them get settled as needed.
- Provide comfort measures to patients, such as pillows, blankets, beverages and snacks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and offer encouragement to patients.
- Escort patients throughout the office.
- Help keep waiting, exam and treatment rooms tidy by picking up used blankets and distributing magazines.
- Provide emotional support and encouragement to our patients.
How Can I Get Started?
To start your rewarding experience as an OHC volunteer, please call 1-800-710-4674 and ask to speak with the Human Resources Department.
“We love our volunteers. They always help our patients get through their treatments.” – Julie, OHC Practice Manager
“The volunteers engage patients in a way that takes their mind off the difficulty they face going through treatment.” – Anita, Treatment Suite RN