January 14, 2022
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Joanie Manzo
Director, Marketing & Physician Services
Every year, Cincinnati Magazine surveys the city’s doctors about their choice for medical care, and, once again, OHC doctors received a ringing endorsement. The following OHC cancer doctors are recognized as Cincinnati Magazine 2022 Top Doctors:
- Gynecologic Oncology: Marcia C. Bowling, MD; Ajit Gubbi, DO; Dené C. Wrenn, MD, MS.
- Hematology and Oncology: D. Randolph Drosick, MD; James H. Essell, MD; Prasad R. Kudalkar, MD; Kurt P. Leuenberger, MD; Suzanne M. Partridge, MD; Patrick J. Ward, MD, PhD; David M. Waterhouse, MD, MPH; Paula F. Weisenberger, MD.
- Radiation Oncology: Peter R. Fried, MD; Jeffrey I. Grass, MD; Elizabeth H. Levick, MD; Marc R. Mosbacher, MD; David Pratt, MD; Joseph N. Shaughnessy, MD.
OHC staff members are singing the praises of their colleagues. “I have been an advanced practice provider for OHC for the past 10 years,” said Brooke Gillespie, MSN, APRN. “I am so proud of OHC’s accomplishments and community engagement. Our OHC doctors are selfless, and fiercely dedicated to improving the quality of life of our patients. It is an honor to work and learn beside this team.” OHC Practice Manager at our West office, Cathy King, has been with the practice for nearly 25 years and continues to be impressed with the compassionate, individual care OHC doctors provide. “Whether it’s through their empathy, personable nature, or uplifting sense of humor, our doctors positively impact our patients by giving them their undivided attention and addressing their individual concerns,” said Cathy. Terisa Couch, the front office coordinator at OHC’s Hamilton location, has been with the practice for 23 years. “OHC doctors are the most caring and compassionate doctors I have ever met,” said Terisa. “No one ever wants to have to come to an oncology or hematology office, but so many of OHC’s patients say they feel a lot better after seeing our doctors.”
The entire OHC team of doctors possesses an unwavering commitment to surrounding patients with all they need to beat cancer. Following are some of their contributions to the cancer community, both locally and globally:
- OHC’s medical oncologists were the first to bring CAR T-cell therapy to our community in October 2018, and we are the most experienced in this cancer treatment breakthrough, having completed over 70 infusions to date. In June, OHC was first in the world to offer an allogeneic CAR T-cell trial for relapsed or refractory B Cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma.
- OHC’s gynecologic oncologists bring the latest therapies, surgical techniques, and supportive care to women with cancers of the reproductive system, including PARP inhibitors, targeted therapies, and robot-assisted surgery.
- Our radiation oncologists offer patients the most advanced precision radiation therapy options, including CyberKnife for prostate cancer, Gamma Knife for brain tumors, and stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT), which deliver targeted radiation to destroy cancer cells while sparing surrounding healthy tissue.
OHC (Oncology Hematology Care) has been fighting cancer on the front lines for more than 35 years. We are the region’s leading experts in the treatment of nearly every form of adult cancer and complex blood disorder. OHC offers the latest medical, gynecologic and radiation therapy, and is always seeking better treatment options through its nationally recognized cancer research and clinical trials program. OHC is the first — and most experienced — independent adult cancer practice in the region to offer the ground-breaking CAR-T therapy for adults. OHC is certified by the American Society of Clinical Oncology in the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative Certification Program and is one of only a select few cancer practices nationally to be accepted to participate in the Oncology Care Model, part of The Center for Medicare & Medicaid Innovation. At its heart, our approach to cancer care is simple — to surround you with everything you need so you can focus on what matters most: beating cancer. For more information about OHC, or a second opinion, call 1-888-649-4800 or visit ohcare.com.Comments (0)