OHC’s gynecologic oncologists are specialists in field of medicine that focuses on cancers of the female reproductive system, including ovarian cancer, uterine cancer, vaginal cancer, cervical cancer, and vulvar cancer. They have extensive training in the diagnosis and treatment of these cancers. OHC’s gynecologic oncologists are among a select group of approximately 500 in the United States who are certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Your OHC gynecologic oncologist and care team will guide you along each step of care, from diagnosis through treatment and survivorship. They will discuss your individual life circumstances as they may relate to treatment, and decide with you the best options. These may include:
Your OHC gynecologic oncologist will:
- Explain your cancer diagnosis and stage
- Develop, discuss, deliver, and coordinate all treatment options and a recommended personalized treatment plan of care
- Work with a multi-disciplinary care team who specialize in different areas of care but work together
- Maintain your quality of life by managing pain and other symptoms or side effects
- Listen to your needs while delivering world-class quality and compassionate care
- Provide updates to your primary care doctor
OHC Clinical Trials
OHC’s team of cancer experts use the most advanced treatments for your plan of care. And because we’re always seeking better options, we have a nationally-recognized clinical trials program that evaluates the newest, most promising cancer treatments and provides early access for patients. Ask your care team if a clinical trial is available for your cancer.
Your OHC Healthcare Team
Each member of your OHC care team plays an important role in your care and is available to address any questions or concerns you may have about your treatment. Members of your team include:
- Gynecologic Oncologist – Doctor who specializes in cancers of the female reproductive organs
- Medical Oncologist – Doctor who specializes in the field of cancer and blood disorders
- Radiation Oncologist – Doctor who specializes in the field of therapeutic radiation
- Advanced Practice Providers – Medical providers with a Master’s Degree or higher who can diagnose and treat patients
- Nurse Navigators – Registered nurses who work directly with you and other members of your care team to navigate you through diagnosis, treatment and survivorship
- Research Nurse – Specially-trained registered nurses who work directly with a patient’s doctor to coordinate care and treatment if you are participating in a clinical trial
- Medical Assistants – Medical personnel who meet with you at the beginning of each visit and welcome and guide patients through each visit to schedule diagnostic tests, assist with procedures and draw blood samples
- Financial Navigators – Financial experts who help you with financial questions and concerns, including billing, financial assistance, or payment plans.
- OHC Pharmacists – Knowledgeable pharmacists who specialize in cancer-related medications and treatments. They work directly with your OHC doctors, advanced practice providers, nurse and other members of your care team.
To schedule an appointment or for more information, please call 1-800-710-4674 or click Request An Appointment.