OHC’s team of medical oncologists are highly trained cancer doctors who specialize in treating people with cancer and blood disorders. They coordinate all immunotherapy, targeted therapy, chemotherapy, and hormonal therapy, and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of cancer specialists involved in the personalized care of our patients.
Cancer patients represent some of the most challenging cases in medicine. At OHC, our doctors are highly experienced in the science of cancer treatment, and are equally skilled in their ability to compassionately support patients and families through this difficult disease.
Our cancer doctors work together to create the most optimal and personalized treatment plan for each patient based on their individual diagnosis. Based on your type and stage of cancer, your OHC medical oncologist may suggest one or more of these options:
- Targeted therapy drugs to attack cancer cells by targeting the molecules involved in cancer growth or spread
- Immunotherapy drugs to help your own immune system to fight cancer cells
- Chemotherapy drugs to kill cancer cells or keep them from spreading
- Hormone therapy drugs to block improper activity of certain hormones
- Radiation therapy to destroy or slow the growth of cancer cells
Your OHC medical oncologist will:
- Explain your cancer diagnosis and stage
- Develop, discuss, deliver, and coordinate all treatment options and a recommended personalized treatment plan of care
- Work with a multi-disciplinary care team who specializes in different areas of care
- Maintain your quality of life by managing pain and other symptoms or side effects
- Listen to your needs while delivering world-class quality and compassionate care
- Provide updates to your primary care doctor
OHC Clinical Trials
OHC’s team of cancer experts use the most advanced treatments for your condition. And because we’re always seeking better options, we have a nationally-recognized clinical trials program that evaluates the newest, most promising cancer treatments and provides early access for patients. Ask your care team if a clinical trial is available for your cancer.
Your OHC Healthcare Team
Each member of your OHC care team plays an important role in your care and is available to address any questions or concerns you may have about your treatment. Members of your team include:
- Medical Oncologist – Doctor who specializes in the field of cancer and blood disorders
- Radiation Oncologist- Doctor who specializes in the field of therapeutic radiation
- Gynecologic Oncologist – Doctor who specializes in cancers of the female reproductive organs
- Advanced Practice Providers – Medical provider with a Master’s Degree or higher who can diagnose and treat patients
- Nurse Navigators – Registered nurses who work directly with you and other members of your care team to navigate you through diagnosis, treatment and survivorship
- Research Nurse – Specially-trained registered nurses who work directly with a patient’s doctor to coordinate care and treatment if you are participating in a clinical trial
- Medical Assistants – Medical personnel who meet with you at the beginning of each visit and welcome and guide patients through each visit to schedule diagnostic tests, assist with procedures and draw blood samples
- Financial Navigators – Financial experts who help you with financial questions and concerns, including billing, financial assistance, or payment plans
- OHC Pharmacists – Knowledgeable pharmacists who specialize in cancer-related medications and treatments. They work directly with your OHC doctors, advanced practice providers, nurse and other members of your care team.
To schedule an appointment or for more information, please call 1-800-710-4674 or click Request An Appointment.