OHC’s nurse navigators are registered nurses who work directly with patients and other members of your care team. They guide patients and their caregivers to make informed decisions, collaborating with a multidisciplinary team throughout your treatment. They provide this care with kindness and compassion, and are always ready to help with whatever you may need.
When you choose OHC for your cancer care, you will be assigned a nurse navigator who is a vital member of your care team. Your nurse navigator works alongside your OHC doctor, advanced practice provider and financial navigator to make sure all of your questions and needs are addressed.
Your OHC nurse navigators will help you:
- Understand your diagnosis and the medical treatments you’ll receive
- Manage your symptoms associated with your disease and treatments
- Identify community resources to support you and your family members, including education, transportation, therapy and more
- Ensure all needs – medical, emotional and practical – are being met so you can focus on getting well
- Refer you to an OHC financial navigator who will help you understand your medical coverage.
For more information about OHC nurse navigators, call 1-800-710-4674 or click Contact Us.