The gynecologic oncology experts at OHC are highly-trained and highly-experienced with robotic surgical technology for patients with gynecologic cancers and complex gynecologic conditions.
Robot-assisted surgery is a system that allows your OHC surgeon to make precise, delicate incisions and motions. The robot is never in control and is never making decisions. Your OHC surgeon is in full control and guides the robotic arms, and the robotic technology allows for greater precision than the human hand on its own.
Using the robotic system, your OHC surgeon makes tiny incisions, less than one-half inch in length, in the body and then inserts the miniaturized instruments through the incisions. He or she guides miniaturized instruments and the system stabilizes every movement.
There are many benefits to having a robotic-assisted surgery.
- Your surgeon has greater range of motion and dexterity
- Your surgeon sees a highly-magnified, high-resolution image of the operating field
- Your surgeon has better access to the area being operated on
- Shorter hospital stay or an outpatient visit
- Less risk of infection
- Less blood loss and fewer blood transfusions
- Less pain
- Faster recovery
- Quicker return to your daily routine
OHC’s gynecologic oncologists Marcia Bowling, MD and Ajit Gubbi, DO are highly trained and experienced with robot-assisted surgery. For more information about robot-assisted surgery, call OHC at 1-800-710-4674 and we’d be happy to schedule an appointment with one of these cancer specialists.