Nurse Triage Center: 1-888-649-4800
Call Us Early. Call Us First.
OHC offers patients a Nurse Triage Center they can call between 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday. Patients share their symptoms and are immediately assessed by an oncology-trained nurse who helps them determine which option is best for their care: a same day office visit with a doctor, a weekend office visit, and/or counseling over the phone.
We encourage patients to call OHC before going to the emergency room or urgent care clinic, even if it is after hours or on weekends. The OHC cancer team may be able to assist with:
- Managing your symptoms
- Reduce the risk of other complications that might arise when a cancer patient goes to the hospital
- Give you the ability to remain at home with the support of family
- Reduce the stress of caregivers having to arrange a sudden hospital visit
- Prevent unnecessary costs
It’s important to call us as soon as you begin to experience symptoms or side effects so we can address your medical needs immediately and avoid unnecessary complications. Here are signs and symptoms to watch for:
- Fever greater than 100.5
- Nausea and vomiting
- Pain at your IV site
- Any symptom concerns or questions related to your medical care